|NEWS AND EVENTS
|Year : 2014 | Volume
| Issue : 6 | Page : 809-810
PARICHAY 2014 - A Report
|Date of Web Publication||19-Dec-2014|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. PARICHAY 2014 - A Report. J Indian Soc Periodontol 2014;18:809-10
The Indian Society of Periodontology, in association with M.A.Rangoonwala College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre organized "Parichay - 2014", an orientation program for first year post graduate students, on 23 rd & 24 th August 2014 at Pune.
The inauguration of the program started at 9:30 am on 23 rd of August. The program started with the lighting of the lamp by dignitaries on the dais .This was followed by a welcome note by the Organizing Chairperson, Dr.Sangeeta Muglikar. Later, the Secretary of ISP,Dr. Balaji Manohar , spoke about the necessity of the program. The Honorable Secretary of Dental Council India, Col. (Retd) Dr.S.K.Ojha was the Chief Guest. The Honorable President of M.C.E .Society, Shri P.A. Inamdar presided over the function. The Principal of M.A.R.D.C,, Dr.Ramandeep.Dugal ,Vice-Principal Dr. Vivek Hegde and Organizing Secretary Dr. Salika Sheikh were also present for the inaugural ceremony.
The Chief Guest ,Col.(Retd)Dr. S .K. Ojha appreciated the effort by the ISP and MARDC in organizing the orientation program and explained how post graduate training has changed since the time he carried out his PG training. The Principal also applauded the organizing committee and the members of the ISP for the fantastic job. The President encouraged the students to make the best of the programme.
The scientific session started at 10:00am. There was an overwhelming response from the students all over the country representing around 8 states with nearly 200 registrations. The program went on for 2 days and eminent speakers spoke on various topics as under-
- Basic approach to postgraduate learning and consideration - Dr. C. D .Dwarakanath.
- Communication Skills - Dr. Ashwini Padhye
- The Art and Science of Writing Synopsis - Dr. A. R. Pradeep
- The Art of Presenting a Seminar - Dr. Anirban Chatterjee
- Journal Club presentation - Dr. Ashish Nichani
- Clinical Training and Record Keeping - Dr. Balaji Manohar
- Dissertation - an Overview - Dr. Mohammed Faizuddin
- Etiquettes of Scientific Reading - Dr. A Jaykumar
- The Art of Writing a Scientific Article - Dr. A. R. Pradeep
- Clinical Photography- Dr Ashok Karad
- Data Mining- Dr. Rajeev Chitguppi
- Statistics in Dental Research - Dr. Seema Patrikar
All the lectures were informative for the students and there was good interaction between students and the speakers. The program ended with valedictory function at 4:30 pm on 24 th August 2014 ,where Dr. Balaji Manohar, the Secretary of ISP appreciated the efforts of the Organizing Committee.