|NEWS AND EVENTS
|Year : 2014 | Volume
| Issue : 5 | Page : 670-671
Reports on Oral Hygiene Day Celebrations 2014
|Date of Web Publication||10-Oct-2014|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. Reports on Oral Hygiene Day Celebrations 2014. J Indian Soc Periodontol 2014;18:670-1
Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital celebrated Oral Hygiene Day on 1 st August, 2014. The program was inaugurated by our Chairman Sh. B.D. Gupta and Managing Director Dr. Vineet Sharma. Oral Hygiene Day is celebrated by our college every year but this year i.e. 2014 Principal Dr. Ashutosh Nirola and the staff organized mega events which included free dental check-up camps, dental education lectures, free distribution of medicines, E-poster and Rangoli competition etc.
The following is the detail of the events organized:
- Free dental check-up and education camp in Millennium School and Govt. School at Akali Majri was organized and about 700 patients were seen and free medicines were distributed.
- E-poster competition was organized for 2 nd , 3 rd , 4 th year, Interns, and PG students on 31 st July and 1 st August, 2014. The winners were given prizes sponsored by Colgate.
- Rangoli competition was also organized.
- Lectures were delivered by Dr. Ashutosh Nirola, Dr. Madhu Gupta, Dr. Vikram Bali, Dr. Priyanka and Dr. Viniti on dental education sponsored by Johnson & Johnson. A key note address was given to 500 students and staff about the achievements of Dr. G. B. Shankwalkar.
- Free oral prophylaxis, extractions, and fillings as treatment were provided to the patients in the college.
- The program ended with vote of thanks and refreshments and a pledge to celebrate the event every year.
Indian Dental Association Kerala State Branch celebrated ORAL HYGIENE DAY at Gandhi Park, Payyanur on Frinday, 1st August 2014. The programme was hosted by IDA Coastal Malabar Branch.
President Dr. Ahamed Shafi welcomed the dignitaries and the gathering.
Dr. Nizaro Siyo President IDA Kerala State presided over the function.
Sri. C.Krishnan, - Payyanur M.L.A. was chief guest and he inaugurated the programme. He appreciated IDA Kerala State for conducting such kind of public programme which will promote the awareness of public regarding oral health.
Smt. Ambili Merin Jacob, Child Development Officer of Payyanur Block, Sri. Ganesh Payyanur, Secretary Thanal Charitable and Educational Trust, Dr. Thomas.K.C President Elect IDA Kerala State, Dr. O.V.Sanal Hon. Secretary IDA Kerala State, Dr. Rajesh.E Hon. Secretary IDA Coastal Malabar branch were offered felicitation
Dr. Santhosh Sreedhar Past President of IDA Kerala State and Past President Indian Society of Periodontology took Oral Health Awareness Class for the Anganvadi teachers. He also cleared the doubts of public and teachers regarding Oral and Dental Health. Young magician Preeth Azhikode conducted a Magic Show based on Oral Hygiene theme.
After the Oral Health Education programme, Healthy Teeth contest and Best Smile competition were conducted for Anganvadi Children. About 230 childrens were participated from 115 Anganvadies of Payyanur Block.
Dr. Joji George CDH Convenor IDA Kerala State and Raveendran Master, Patron of Thanal Charitable and Educational Trust distributed the certificates and trophies to the winners of Healthy Teeth Contest and Best Smile competition. All participants were provided with consolation prizes also. Chief co-ordinator Dr. Sreekumar Nambiar proposed vote of thanks.