The Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology publishes
original scientific articles to support practice , education and
research in the dental specialty of periodontology and oral
Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology (JISP), is the
official publication of the Society and is managed and brought out
by the Editor of the society. The journal is published Bimonthly with special issues being brought out for specific
occasions. The ISP had a bulletin as its publication for a large
number of years and was enhanced as a Journal a few years ago.
Scope of the journal
Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology (JISP) is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal with an aim to convey scientific progress in periodontology and is dedicated to global and extensive publication for the benefit of oral health. It addresses itself primarily to periodontists, researchers and teachers as well as to general dental practitioners involved in the prevention and treatment of periodontal disease. The Journal publishes original contributions of high scientific merit in every aspect of periodontology and related sciences in the following broad categories:
- Reviews: These are state of the art reviews of basic and clinical periodontology and implant dentistry.
- Original Research: Papers that deal with clinical or basic research on the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease. Papers dealing with the manufacture, design, evaluation and other features of dental implants are also included.
- Case Reports/Case series with Discussions: The Journal publishes selected Case Reports/ Case Series that describe unusual cases, complex diagnoses, and novel approaches to treatment within the scope of practice of Periodontology.
- Short communications: Brief communications (1-3 journal pages) are also accepted
- Reports of scientific meetings in periodontology and related fields are also published.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
The journal is registered with the following abstracting partners:
CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), EBSCO Publishing's Electronic Databases, Exlibris – Primo Central, Google Scholar, Hinari, Infotrieve, Journal Guide, National Science Library, OpenJGate, ProQuest, TdNet
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
DOAJ, Index Copernicus, Indian Science Abstracts, IndMed, MedInd, Pubmed Central, Scimago Journal Ranking, SCOPUS
Wolters Kluwer and Medknow are committed to meeting and upholding standards of ethical behavior at all stages of the publication process. We follow closely the industry associations, such as the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), that set standards and provide guidelines for best practices in order to meet these requirements. For a summary of our specific policies regarding duplicate publication, conflicts of interest, patient consent, etc., please visit www.Medknow.com/EthicalGuidelines.asp